CEAT’s YouTube channel
CEAT now has a YouTube Channel, where you can view videos from our latest events, content from our hub members, and resources from the world of agri-technology, innovation and research.
The ANU, is seeking concept proposals from ANU researchers who wish to build partnerships with Icon Water to work on key challenges of water sustainability. Expressions of interest (EoI) for a research project and/or an Aspi Baria PhD Scholarship ($28,597 p/a) to support a specific research project are being sought. More information is available here.
Proposals are due close of business 28 September 2021.
Cotton Research and Development Corporation (CRDC) Applications for 2022-23 investment: EOIs now available
CRDC’s Expression of Interest (EOI) guidelines, for researchers interested in applying for funding under the 2022-23 investment round, are now available. Researchers are now invited to respond to the EOI guidelines via the five step procurement process outlined here. FRPs will be accepted until 5pm, Wednesday 13 October 2021.
Articles and news stories
- See the latest news from ANU and CSIRO.
- Find out more about The future of protein.
- Have you wondered Can our food be environmentally sustainable and nutritious? find out here!
- GM advances made easier with NSW moratorium lifted. Read more here.
- The argifood sector is continually changing and growing. So, what will be the Food trends of the future?
- Check out the NSW Department of Primary Industries Global Ag-Tech Ecosystem (GATE) page.
- Accelerating the development of agtech solutions worth adopting by Sarah Nolet, AgriFutures Australia, 2018.
- A red future for improving crop production by ARC Centre of Excellence for Translational Photosynthesis, 2020.
- In a landmark discovery for global wheat production, an international team led by the University of Saskatchewan and including scientists from the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) has sequenced the genomes for 15 wheat varieties representing breeding programs around the world. Read full details here.
- Read about the Australia wide wheat yield forecast from Graincast – the app that is forecasting wheat yields for Australia and Western Australia.
- See the Australian Research Council’s (ARC) 2019-2020 ‘Making a difference’ report on outcomes from ARC funded projects.
- Australian Agtech: Opportunities and challenges as seen from a US venture capital perspective, The United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney, 2018.
- Building a globally recognised agtech ecosystem in Australia, The United States Study Centre at the University of Sydney, Sydney, 2019.
- Australia: Shaping the future of food and agriculture. Opportunities for investment and partnership in Agriculture 4.0, Austrade, 2019.
- The future of agricultural technologies, The Australian Council of Learned Academies, 2020.
Reports and Publications
- For information on funding for agriculture budget measures, see the Australian Federal Government Budget Week 2021-22 Fact Sheet here.
- How does space technology impact agriculture? Read the report Space-based technologies – opportunities for the rural sector to find out more.
- What will the future of the agri-food system’s emerging landscape over the next decade look like? Read the AgriFutures report Future Forces – A ten-year horizon for Australian agriculture to find out.
- Read the Austrade Benchmark Report 2021 in full here.
- The ARC Translational Photosynthesis Annual Report 2020 is available here.
- See the Australian Academy of Science’s report on The risks to Australia of a 3°C warmer world here.
- In 2020, the International Wheat Yield Partnership (IWYP) published eight reports on improving wheat yield, the role of genetics, and optimum breeding conditions. You can view all eight of these reports here.
- The IWYP final report of the year is also available here.
- GRDC’s resources and publications.
- See reports and news from the Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES).
- Ernst and Young’s ‘Agricultural Innovation – A National Approach to Grow Australia’s Future‘ report.
- Australian Council of Learned Academies report on Australia’s Agricultural Future.
- National Committee for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food’s Inquiry into growing Australian agriculture to $100 billion by 2030.
- AgriFutures Australia’s report on Emerging technologies in agriculture: Consumer perceptions around emerging agtech.
- Rural Research and Development Corporations’ Vision 2050. new thinking about rural innovation in Australia report.
- KPMG report Powering Growth: Realising the potential of AgTech for Australia.
- Report by KPMG and National Farmers Federation Canberra: Talking 2030: Growing agriculture into a $100 billion industry.
- 2019-2020 Report on Australia’s Environmental Conditions by the Centre for Water and Landscape Dynamics, Australian National University.
- The Decadal Plan for Australian Agricultural Sciences 2017-2026 published by the Australian Academy of Science, Canberra, 2017.
- 2030 Roadmap – Australia’s Agriculture’s Plan for a $100 Billion Industry and the 2019 Report Card by the National Farmers Federation, 2019.
- Australia 2030: prosperity through innovation, Australian Government, Canberra, 2017.
- See below the response from The Australian National University to the Federal Government’s University Research Commercialisation Consultation
Check out previous editions of CEAT’s monthly Innovation Newsletter.
Other innovation news
See innovation news stories from across Australia and the world.
- ANU start up and CEAT Innovation Hub Members Quantum Brilliance feature in this ANU news piece about quantum computing.
- Founder of Canberra based start-up Goterra, Olympia Yarger joins forces with agrifood tech venture capitalists Tenacious Ventures. Read more.
- See the ARC Centre of excellence in Translational Photosynthesis and ARC Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology‘s brilliant webinar on Creating Crops for the Future: Challenges, Technology and Sustainable Solutions.