We are creating an innovation ecosystem through which the Precinct’s research expertise and infrastructure translates into impacts for industry.
A key aspect of our Research Translation Program will be to form Innovation Project Teams made up of people across the Precinct in response to identified agri-sector challenges.
Our activities under this initiative are to:
- Support the success and impact of industry-driven, interdisciplinary projects.
- Provide incentives and support to connect researchers in the Precinct with the agriculture industry.
- Form relationships with existing networks and research institutes to share knowledge and identify innovations applicable to Australia.
- Engage in the policy reform debate to help build a common understanding of the causes and consequences of transformational change in agriculture.
We will increase industry-precinct engagement through investment into four sub-programs of high relevance to the agri-sector:
- Resilient crops and communities
- Rangeland production systems
- Plants as factories
- Digital agriculture
Image credit: iStock