Eligibility to apply
The Award will be available each year to a prospective or continuing, (within six months of enrolment), domestic or international student who meets all of the following criteria.
- Is enrolled or enrolling full-time in a program of study for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the field of Information Science relevant to the agriculture domain, based in the either ANU College of Science or ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science.
- Will be undertaking research for CSIRO / ANU projects under a Collaboration Agreement.
- Has demonstrated First Class Honours (H1), or equivalence.
- Has signed a Student Agreement with CSIRO, unless otherwise agreed in writing with CSIRO.
- Is not in full-time employment.
- Is the recipient of an AGRTP or equivalent HDR base stipend, or is approved to hold this Award as a bridging scholarship.
International applicants must have the appropriate immigration approvals to allow them to take up the scholarship. The successful student must be residing in Australia in order to commence their PhD and take up the Supplementary Scholarship.
- The recipient is required to remain enrolled full-time in a program of study for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy at ANU in the program for which the Award is offered.
- A part-time award may be offered or approved if the recipient has reasons acceptable to the University which preclude full-time study for part or all of the program of study. In such cases the University must be satisfied that the reasons relate to caring commitments, a medical condition, a disability or other circumstance which limits the recipient’s capacity to undertake full-time study.
- The recipient must continue to hold an ANU approved HDR base stipend scholarship.
- The award cannot be transferred to another institution.
- The award can only be transferred to another program, research project or supervisor if the new arrangement continues to meet the Objectives of the Award and on the Approval of the Associate Deans.
- Academic merit: Candidates must hold (or expect to gain) a relevant first-class honours (or equivalent) degree from a recognised university
- Quality and relevance of the proposed project: The research must be aligned with one of the advertised project topics
- Support of nominated project supervisors: Both nominated CSIRO and ANU supervisors must endorse the student’s application
- Referee reports: Applicants must provide two academic referees
Conditions of Award available here.