The CEAT Strategic Investment Program provides tailored support to proposals aligned with the goals of the Research Translation Initiative.
The aims of the Program are to:
- increase the number of ANU researchers engaging in projects of relevance to the agricultural sector
- facilitate the establishment of new collaborations between ANU researchers and industry
- promote interdisciplinary and co-innovation approaches to solving agricultural challenges
- support ANU researchers to prepare highly competitive grant applications and tender responses that align with agri-sector industry needs
- invest in projects that have the potential to result in high impact, meaningful outcomes and/or increase financial returns to ANU in the future
Criteria for Support
The CEAT Strategic Investment Program is open to all ANU researchers and research students. Proposals under the program will first be considered for alignment with the goals of the CEAT Research Translation Initiative, and then for quality of the application against the relevant Scheme guidelines.
Categories of Support
The Program will support research translation through three support categories.
Scoping – up to $5,000 (maximum duration three months)
Engagement – up to $20,000 (maximum duration six months)
Collaboration – up to $50,000 (duration negotiable)
How to apply
- Complete and return an Expression of Interest form to [email protected] with CEAT Strategic Investment Program – EOI in the subject line.
- A member of the CEAT Research Translation team will meet with you to discuss the project concept, appropriate category of support, and suitability of the project for development of an application.
- Suitably developed ideas from the EOI process will be invited to complete an application for the appropriate category of support.
- Applications for Scoping projects will be accepted and assessed by the CEAT Director year-round, subject to budget availability. Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome of funding, or allocation of resources following this assessment process.
- Engagement and Collaboration projects will be assessed by the CEAT Grant Committee following the closing of each call, subject to budget availability. A case can be made for out of session consideration if leveraged funding opportunities arise. Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome of funding, or allocation of resources following this assessment process.
- Send application form to [email protected] with CEAT Strategic Investment Program – Application in the subject line.
When to apply
Scoping Projects: any time
Engagement and Collaboration Projects: currently closed
Application form: Scoping
Application form: Engagement
Application form: Collaboration
On completion of awarded projects, a short report is required.
Report templates are below:
Questions regarding the Strategic Investment Program can be directed to [email protected]